Meticulous brander whose deepest joy comes in helping people and organizations grow. Loves analyzing data, collaborates well with teams, and can take the heat of the kitchen. Kills at color theory, brand development, design strategy, and production workflow; wields leading industry standard software like a champ; and operates with the highest integrity even on rainy days. Core competencies also include typesetting, layout, creative brainstorming, synergy, print design, web design, and copyediting.
ESOLUTION ARCHITECTS / SIDHELP – MONTGOMERY, AL | 2014 – Present
eSolution Architects (ESA) serves clients across diverse business disciplines, accelerating the “time to value” of all technology investments, and specializing in high-value technological services. SIDHelp is a customizable web application within ESA that assists anyone who is responsible for entering and updating information for their conference, league, or school website.
Responsible for conducting design interviews with SIDHelp clients to determine project parameters; designing client websites in Photoshop; managing outsourced work; collaborating with programmers throughout the entire design process; and creating digital and print assets for any ESA initiatives.
- Personally designed 28 unique websites to date.
- Collaborated with team members and freelancers on 12 unique website designs.
J. WIGGINS DESIGNS – MONTGOMERY, AL | 2007 – Present
Sole-proprietorship that quenches the personal desire for entrepreneurship. Works in identity, print, and web design.
Owner and Designer
Responsible for all administrative duties; cultivating client relationships; developing design strategy; managing production workflow; and networking with peers and persons across a variety of industries.
- Created numerous designs for Auburn University Montgomery as a contractor for OnTarget Strategies, including an issue of The Pulse magazine and 30 overview brochures for its schools and departments.
- Created numerous logos for a variety of industries. Clients include Fatman’s BBQ, W.A. Logan, Latham Communications, Pynk Pyg, The Trunk Boutique, and Bill Status.
ONLINE COMMERCE GROUP – MONTGOMERY, AL | 2010 – 2014
An Inc. 500 e-commerce company focused on custom and made-to-order products that are proudly made in America.
Graphic Designer and Client Services Manager
Created most print and digital assets for Online Commerce Group and its many subsidiaries. Worked with marketing team to create and implement strategic plans for each division. Supervised a junior designer from 2013 – 2014. Provided innovative design thinking, creative and professional artwork execution, and thorough project planning and management, along with spearheading brand development for many of its divisions. Served as liaison to third party clients: received change requests, assisted in quoting projects, maintained time logs, and created digital assets.
- Drove brand development for its flagship company, CushionSource.com, and its top subsidiaries CommercialSiteFurnishings.com, UmbrellaSource.com, and DesignerCustomSource.com.
- Branded its designer workroom — DesignerCustomSource.com — from the ground-up, completely aligning all print and digital assets around a central narrative, theme and style.
- Spearheaded the strategic planning and implementation of email marketing for CushionSource.com, CommercialSiteFurnishings.com, and UmbrellaSource.com
THE POWELL GROUP, INC. – MONTGOMERY, AL | 2007 – 2010
A company successfully establishing marketing partnerships between leading mail order companies and corporate America since 1989, with a specialization in the outdoors industry.
Created and managed corporate branding and developed unique presentations and supporting collateral materials.
- Rebranded The Powell Group: logo, stationery, collateral, and web design.
- Updated The Cattle Connection’s website with a fresh look and providing a more intuitive user experience.
- Worked extensively on the branding for nationally known professional fisherman, Hank Parker: updating his logo, stationery, website design, and numerous collateral materials.
ONTARGET STRATEGIES – MONTGOMERY, AL | 2007 – 2010
A successful advertising agency capitalizing on the networking relationships and expertise of its sister company, The Powell Group, to create innovative branding and advertising campaigns for companies nationwide.
Managed corporate branding and developed all print and digital company marketing assets. Created all client print and web advertisements, and photographed the featured products. Trafficked artwork to national advertisers and managed in-house production alongside of the account managers.
- Created cohesive ad designs for national fishing brands SPRO and Gamakatsu, and trafficked all artwork to national advertisers in a timely manner.
- Photographed and designed the O’Keefe’s Life Out There advertisement featured in Heartland Magazine.
- Branded Charles Steele & Associates in Atlanta, GA: logo, stationery, and web design.
Media Design Master in Fine Art | 2015
Full Sail University, Winter Park, FL
Bachelor of Art in Graphic Design, Minor in Marketing (Cum Laude) | 2007
Auburn University Montgomery, Montgomery, AL
- Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Acrobat Pro)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Apple Pages, Keynote, Numbers, and iMovie
- Balsamiq Mockups